Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The wonder that is Jon

Everyone that knows Jon knows that he is soft-spoken and quiet. He is sweet and loving and kind. He is one of a kind. He wears his heart on his sleeve. He gets his feelings hurt easily. Some may call him a sissy; I call these people bullies and pity them. He is wonderful, he has a huge heart. He can’t stand to see a dead animal on the side of the road. He worries if he sees a deer too close to the highway. He can't stand to go to the animal shelter because he wants to take every one of the dogs home.
Here lately he has had some troubles with nightmares. I’ve taken to lying down with him; trying to fend off the noises that go bump in the night.
Last night The Hubs and I were up watching TV when Jon walked in carrying a blown-up balloon, he handed it to me and walked out. Baffled my husband and I weren’t sure what to think, and then I looked at the balloon. It had writing on it:

It reads: I love you. Will you sleep in my rum (room)? It has a picture of our house with a drawing of Jon’s room and an arrow pointing to his room. Is this great or what?
This reminds me of myself when I was his age. I used to do the same thing, I always wrote notes to my mom and dad. For some reason it was easier to communicate with them that way.
He melts my heart :)