Thursday, December 15, 2011

Guess what is visiting us this Christmas???

So…… I got us the Elf on the Shelf. 

 Last year I really, really wanted to get it but thought it was a little creepy. But this year I threw all caution to the wind and grabbed one.  Granted I should have done it a bit earlier than 10 days before Christmas, but – hey – better late than never, right.
So I hid the elf in the Christmas tree and put the book out on the shelf for all to see. The kids all honed right in on the book as soon as they came in from school. They love books so they immediately demanded that I read them this book. I read it to them and said “Ooooo, do you know what this means? We have an elf in the house. We have to find him!” They searched and searched. I finally clued them in that he was a special elf that was only about 10 inches tall and could hide anywhere. Hannah finally found him in the tree.
The kids were in awe of him.

Jon immediately wanted to touch him so he could steal his magic from him. He also wanted to know why he never blinks and moves. I explained it’s all a part of the magic.
I can’t wait to see how much fun we’ll have with this elf.
The kids have named him “Twinkle”. Jon wanted to name him Buddy, which I thought was great, but KK wasn’t having that. She wanted his name to be Rudolph. Beats me. We finally settled on Twinkle, and I chimed off:
Twinkle, Twinkle, little elf,
Sitting there upon my shelf.
Watching all that’s in your sight,
Reporting back to Santa at night.
Twinkle, Twinkle, little elf
Sitting there upon my shelf.

And yes, I made that up on the spot!
I'll keep you posted on what trouble fun stuff he get's into! Hahahaha!