Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School For the Kids, Woo-hoo!

After a great summer we are finally back to school and I couldn't be happier.
We went Friday for orientation and to get reacquainted. We are tickled with the teachers, Kimmie keeps Ms. Gardner from last year, Jon keeps Ms. Martin from last year and this year Hannah has Ms. Byrd. We love Ms. Byrd, she was Kimmie's teacher in K-3. She is worth her weight in gold. After an hour and a half there I was ready to go back home (the teachers were, too) and that's when it happened: Kimmie's chin started quivering, her lips curled down and the tears started. She didn't want to leave. She begged to stay. She cried - alot.  I finally got her in the car and got her settled down. I should have known this was coming, this is the girl who wanted to know why we needed a Christmas break and why summer break was even necessary. She loves school, she would go year round if she had the choice.
So today she was up and ready at the crack of dawn, wanting to know why weren't leaving already. She wouldn't take the old "School doesn't open until 7:30" excuse, silly me!
So now I have 8 uninteruped hours all to myself. Ya know what that means? NAP!!!