Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother’s Day 2011!

So yesterday was Mother’s Day, what better way to say “I love you, mom” than to wake me up at 5:00 a.m. and ask me to turn on cartoons. Really? I grumbled something about it being Mother’s Day and told them to go ask their dad and then I rolled over and pulled the covers over my head and fell back asleep. It must’ve worked, or they gave up, either way I woke up an hour later (with the hubs still asleep next to me so my guess is they didn’t go ask him) and went ahead and got up.
The house wasn’t in disarray, so that was gift enough for me. Cha-ching! They let me make my coffee in peace (shock) and even allowed me to have two whole sips, you read that right my friend, TWO WHOLE SIPS before demanding their breakfast because they were staaaaaarving, the nerve of those kids. 
I decided to take my coffee to the front porch and enjoy it there for some “peace and quiet” only to discover I was being followed by 3 pairs of little feet. That’s when I discovered that my Mother’s Day artwork that my youngest had made for me at school had been reduced to confetti all over the porch. I stood there over it, mouth gaped open in shock. From behind me the youngest claimed “All I can say is it wasn’t my idea!”
Aaaah motherhood. Anyway, hope everyone out there had a Happy Mother’s Day. Mine was great!