Wednesday, October 12, 2011

That cuts deep, son, it really does.

Jon missed another day of school today. His fever was back up to 102 this morning and his tonsils were large and in charge. We tried to get him into the doc yesterday but they couldn't fit him in, so that's where we spent this morning. the doc took one look at his tonsils and said "I think those suckers need to come out". Done!!!
Then he had to have some bloodwork done to see if he has pneumonia. He F-R-E-A-K-E-D!!!!! Usually he's calm and cool and could care less, but I guess when you are feeling horrible even the little things can set you off. Poor guy. (the call did come in that the tests came back negative, he is still battling an upper respiratory infection)
We did some small running around. I did promise him a new book, so we hung out at Books-A-Million for a while, pawing at all the books and giving our opinion of each book based solely on the cover. He picked out a couple, plus some for his sisters. Then we hit up Target for a jumbo cookie.
I'd like to point out that at no time while driving around town did I swerve, or screech my brakes, or have any "near misses".
So imagine my shock when, as we were pulling into the driveway, Jon says "Ya know, sometimes I'm really surprised that we make it home without crashing."
Wow, you cut me to the bone kid, TO THE BONE!!!!!