Monday, October 17, 2011

Decorating Pumpkins

This past weekend we went to Mitchell Farms for some fall time fun (more on that in another posting). We had so much fun. Seriously. There was so much to do there, but really I'll do another posting on that. Our last stop at Mitchell Farms was picking out pumpkins.The Hubs and I are true believers in "pick out your own pumpkin but make sure you can carry it yourself, that goes for you too, KK". Yea, we're awesome parents like that.
Each kiddo picked out a pumpkin that they loved and we loaded up and went home. We were hot and sweaty and were ready to decorate our gourds.
Here's a pic of the pumpkins before the decorating began:
Lovely, aren't they?
Then here's the supplies I got:

Check out the decorating kits:
Pretty cool, huh? We decided this year to not carve the pumpkins. The kids just don't get into that yuckiness, so I was okay with this idea, though I thought it would be great to spray paint them. I bought white and gold. All three kiddos went wild for gold.
Let the spraying begin:

Pretty!!!!
Then the decorating began.

Each package held enough puffy stickers to make four faces. Jon picked Franken-pumpkin:

Yea, that's blood dripping down. He's a boy, what can I say?
Hannah picked out the scary pumpkin:

KK fell in love with the scary pumpkin as well:
They love them and so do I. Plus, no pumpkin guts!!! How is your pumpkin decorating going?