Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Am I really this old?

The kids and I were in the car the other day and we were enjoying listening to the radio, singing loudly, and let the wind blow crazy with the windows down. As we turned onto the Interstate KK said "Can you turn it up?" I thought she meant the radio, so I cranked it even louder. That was not what she meant, the following is our conversation.
KK: No momma, turn it up.
Me: (bewildered) Turn what up?
KK: Turn the windows up!
Me: Oh, okay (hitting the button to roll the windows up), Ya know, it's called ROLL the windows up.
KK: Why? All you do is turn the button to 'up' and the window goes up.
Hmmm, she's got me there.
Me: Well, back when I was a kiddo the cars didn't have these electrical switches that made the windows go up.
KK: WHAT????
Me: Yep, we had cranks and we had to 'roll' the window up. (I gave her a demonstration like the good old days with my imaginary knob .... or whatever it's called, geez that was a long ago.)
She sat there with a horrified look on her face.
KK: Ooooh, momma, I'm so sorry. That was horrible. Your childhood was really, really bad.

Wow, kids these days have it made.