Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Boy is sick......again......

So, for the past few days The Boy has complained that his head has been hurting. Not a good sign. But he hasn't been wheezing and his overall health is pretty darn good. Then this morning he tells me "my neck hurts really bad", then he shrugs his shoulders up and keeps them up - "I mean my neck hurts really really bad mom. Plus my eyeball hurts and my ear hurts. Can I go see the doctor?"
Absolutely.
I couldn't get him there fast enough to tell you the truth.
Our pediatrician calls Jon "Job". It's kind of a running joke in the office. When we first moved here Jon seemed to live in her office. He had a reaction to the humidity here and his skin grew wart-like bumps all over. It was pretty gross. Then he had a reaction to his booster vaccine and got asthma. He's had some nasty sinus infections as well.
She was really concerned about his neck hurting. Then, for reasons I still can't explain, I asked him "Hey buddy, where exactly on your neck does it hurt?"
"Right here."
"Uh, yea, that's your throat hon, you have a sore throat."
"Oh, that's probably why it hurts so much when I swallow."
Dr. Haden and I just stared at each other for a moment. Priceless.
He does have another nasty sinus infection and fluid is building up in his ear. At least now he doesn't have those pesky tonsils, I'm sure they would be the size of golf balls by now and covered in puss.
We celebrated "just a sinus infection" with DQ sundaes!