Thursday, January 19, 2012

Random Stuff About Me You May or May Not Know also Random Stuff About Me You May or May Not Want To Know (if you don't wanna know then stop reading now).

1. My middle name is Lynn.

2. My father is the bravest man I know.

3. I do not like dogs.

4. My favorite past pet is a dog, Spot, which is why I think I no longer like dogs. No other dog can live up to her.

5. I find my son's laughter addictive.

6. My husband's nighttime driving terrifies me. It would you, too.

7. I have been to Disney World more times that I can remember.

8. I had a wonderful childhood.

9. My second toe on both my feet is longer than my big toe. It is said that this is a sign of royalty. My husband does not believe this.

10. While stationed at Fort Ord, Ca I got to go on a Chinook helicopter ride where they did "nap-of-the-earth", I fell asleep.

11. Morphine makes me very, very mean.

12. My fingernails flip up, seriously - it's not pretty.

13. I believe in ghosts.

14. I have slept in a real, documented haunted house. It. Was. Awesome. (and terrifying, but mostly awesome)

15. I am not superstitious.

16. I have a fear of flying, of heights and of spiders (oh, and of snakes - seriously, lizards without feet????).

17. My husband still gives my tummy butterflies.

18. When it comes to computers I am an idiot. This drives my husband crazy.

19. I love when all three of my kids plus both of my cats curl up in bed with me. This also drives my husband crazy.

20. I am quite dramatic. This also drives my husband crazy.

21. I love shopping at Target, Bath and Body Works, and .... pretty much anywhere. This ALSO drives my husband crazy.

22. I think it's safe to say that I drive my husband crazy, yet he still loves me. I think I am the luckiest woman alive.

23. My mom died when she was just 23 years old. She was 8 1/2 months pregnant. Both she and the baby died.

24. My husband is the strongest/funniest/silliest most honest man I know.

25. Each of my children have amazing talents.

26. One of my fondest childhood memories is my dad singing while playing the guitar. He did this a lot in the evenings. He has an amazing voice.

27. My mom (step-mom) is the most loving woman I know. She has the biggest smile! It will light up a room!

28. I have a mental illness, yet I do not let it define me.

29. I cannot drive in the snow. I do not want to learn how to drive in the snow.

30. My grandmother (maternal) almost died from diphtheria then she was a child.

31. I am addicted to puzzle games like "Professor Layton".

32. I have had six surgeries in my life; three breast biopsies (removal of tumors), 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy (my uterus had over 40 tumors!!!). I am a huge advocate in breast exams and yearly GYN exams. Women, listen up - yes they are uncomfortable but they will save your life.

33. My parents still have the same phone number as they did when I was 5.

34. I have only gotten one traffic ticket in past 20 years. It was for speeding. I was going over 100 mph.  Oh, yea, it was in a national park. I should have been arrested. The only reason I wasn't was the officer that pulled me over recognized Corey, they had been stationed together as Gary Owen Scouts in Korea years earlier. Yes, the fine was hefty. I happily paid it.

35. One of my pet peeves is to hear my kids say "I can't".

36. I am my own worst enemy when it comes to my self image (but aren't we all?).

37. If I won the lottery I would pay off all my parents debts and set them up for life before I did one thing for myself.

38. My husband has been to Korea three times and would love to go again, he says he would love for me and the kids to go with him. I act like I would like to go. I have no interest in going to Korea. None.

39. I hope my husband does not read this post.

40. I hope to give my children as happy of a childhood as I had, seriously - it was a blast. My parents rock!!!