Monday, September 26, 2011

The Old Gray Mare, She Ain’t What She Used to Be

I wasn’t even going to post this second part of the story from here but a couple other people who know the WHOLE story asked “What about what happened next?” so fine, here is what happened after the Schwan’s guy left.
I went in the kitchen and began putting all the treasures away; I have a deep freeze as well as the freezer part of the fridge. My only problem was that I was quickly running out of room. And that’s when it hit me; we have another fridge in the boathouse. I’ll just put what doesn’t fit in the kitchen in THAT fridge. Then I realized there was problem with that, what if it was 10:00 at night and I wanted something from the fridge out in the boathouse? I mean what if I was playing Black Ops; I wouldn’t have time to run out there between levels. Then I had a brilliant idea: MOVE THE FRIDGE INTO THE HOUSE!!!! I know …  brilliant, right?
So I headed out to the boathouse, disconnected the fridge and plotted how to get the monstrosity into the house. My plan of action was to put the fridge on the dolly and roll it into the house. The only problem was the 6 steps I had to conquer to get the fridge onto the back deck. Pffffttt, I can totally do that. So I start rolling it out of the boathouse and as soon as I hit grass the whole fridge toppled over. Crap. I get it reloaded and manage to get it to the deck only that dang thing is heavy. REALLY heavy. I pull, I push, I sweat, I may or may not have cried. The realization soon came that I was going to have to roll the thing around the house, up onto the drive, up onto the front porch, and then through the front door and to the kitchen. So away we went. And it fell…..over and over again. (you would think that sometime during this I would have said “I’ll just wait for Corey to get home”, or “Maybe I should get some straps and secure this thing!”) I finally got it into the kitchen and in the right spot. I got it loaded with the rest of the Schwan’s food and was happy, even if I was a little sweaty.
So Corey comes home and is knocking about  for quite some time before he finally took a long, slow look around the kitchen realizing there’s another fridge in there.  “Hmm, Schwan’s guy came today, huh?”
Yup.
p.s. The next morning while showering I realized both of my arms were covered in bruises, and I don’t even have a cool story to go with the bruises like back in the day when I was in the Army and had to walk the gauntlet.