Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I've been MIA, Sorry. Well, Not really......

I have my favorite blogs that I check out everyday, and when they don't post I'm all huffy and wonder what in the world their problem is, I mean don't they realize that I await their every post? Then I take a hiatus like the one I've been on and I think "Oh, now I get it."
Life has been crazy.
Between the kids finishing up school, little league, and Corey's retirement it's been wild around here.

My life these days:

I look back in awe of my husband's service to this great country of ours. I used to get irked because he kept me awake with his "noises" at night, now I realize he's reliving his time in Iraq. That kind of takes the steam right out of my angry-train. And while other soldiers were fighting to get out of the military he was fighting to stay in the Army. He loves this country and everything it stands for. He has missed Christmases, birthdays, anniversaries, funerals, but he's been with his brothers in arms, and I am beyond proud of him.
I was in the Army, but I still cannot fathom shooting someone and being shot at, my dear husband has experienced both. And I want to weep for him.
But now his time of service is coming to a close. He is retiring after 24 years of honorable service. He is struggling with demons that attack him while he sleeps, but he's fighting a good fight!



What else has happened?
Kimberly graduated kindergarten!


Little league came and went. We had a good year. We really started to come together there at the end! It was nice to sit in the stands and take pics this year!


And if you remember from last summer Hannah sporting her cast, well we have a matching one this year!
During the last game (tournament time) she was playing on the playground and she fell and it buckled. Ugh! Corey had sent me out to grab the baseball gear to turn in when it happened, but thankfully some great ladies were right there for her. A super big THANK YOU goes out to Apriell Peoples, Whitney Middleton, and any others who rushed to help!
So here is what it looked like:


They sent us right back to the doc we saw last year. I made the HUGE mistake of asking him "Hey, do you think it just wasn't set right?" Apparently this is the wrong thing to ask. He took this as me saying "Hey, obviously you did crappy work last year and I'm going to have to sue you for not setting it right. You truly are a quack!" My guess is if the arm doesn't look super great on the 20th when she goes back I'll have to go seek a 2nd opinion.
Anyway, she got a purple cast this time:


So far her cast colors have been: pink, neon green, and now purple. She's going for the rainbow!

We've also been fishing several times a week:


Next week Corey has his retirement ceremony and Jack and Gloria will be here. After the ceremony all of us will head to the beach for a few days. The kids are beyond excited (and I gotta admit, I am as well!).

During the week we head to the pool as much as possible and just have lots of fun. That's what summer is all about.  So if you don't hear from me I'm just busy having fun with the kids. Oh, and moving. We have to find a place to live since the military is DXing this house. This should be fun!!!!