It’s something that our pastor was just talking about, and it’s something that just really struck me: Luke, what an amazing man in the Bible. How I strive to be like him. He was a helper, always there.
Paul had a lot of hardships; he prayed that God would take those troubles away. But God said “no”, instead He sent Paul a special man ~ Luke.
Luke was a physician; he traveled with Paul and tended to him. He stayed faithfully by his side.
Luke also recorded many of the things we know about. How wonderful! Luke paid attention to detail, like dates and events that happened in the life of Jesus Christ.
Luke is the only Gentile Christian writer of the New Testament. And he wrote Acts and the Gospel of Luke.
Because of him we have the parables of Luke:
- The Sower
- The Good Samaritan
- Help the Poor and God Will Bless You
- Think Before You Act
- The Lost Coin
- God Rejoices Over People Who Repent
- The Prodigal Son
- Diligent Servants
- The Rich Fool
- Don’t Worry
- People Who Hear The Word and Don’t Follow It
- He Who Is Forgiven A Lot Appreciates it Much
- Don’t Judge, Lest Ye Be Judged
- A Tree Is Known by It’s Fruit
- Much is expected of Those God Blesses
- God Allows More Than Enough Time To Be Saved
- Don’t Take The Place of Honor
- We have to Handle Small Blessings To Get Big Ones
- New Wine and Old
I strive to be more like Luke, to be the helper, to be there. It’s easy to come up with a million reasons to not do things in today’s busy schedule. It takes someone strong to step up and do the right thing!