Friday, April 20, 2012

I really could talk to a brick wall, seriously I'll talk to anyone!


The girls and I were sitting in Pizza Inn having lunch when three cops came in; they were in a cheerful mood, chatty even.
I happen to be up at the pizzas when two of them walked up.  Sometimes I wish I could control the things that come of the mouth. Sometimes….

Me: Sure could have used you guys at the ballpark last night.
Cop 1: Really? Which ballpark?
Me: Larry Doleac.
Cop 2: The little league fields?
Me: Yep.
Cop 2: Something happen?
Me: We got robbed.
Cop 1 (wide eyed): Did you report it?
Me: Don’t really see a reason.
Cop 1: Why?
Me: What’s done is done.
Cop 2: But you got ROBBED?
Me: Yep, just the ump making one bad call after another (then I shook my head).
Cop 1 looks at Cop 2, then both started laughing, Cop 1 punched me on the arm a little too hard for my liking and said : You had us going there.
I’m pretty sure I could have pressed charges for police brutality, but I let him go with a warning glare.
Then they went back to their table and retold the story to Cop 3, who got a good laugh out of it.
Glad someone’s laughing. Now if you’ll excuse me I have a voodoo doll to make in the likeness of a certain umpire. If anyone has any stickpins laying around I sure could use them.