Sunday, February 10, 2013

This is why I can't sleep.

Last night I went to bed at a reasonable hour, considering it was a Saturday night and Hannah had a friend staying the night, so three giggling girls swore they were staying up ALL NIGHT LONG. Of course, as soon as I get comfy The Hubs begins to snore. He's tried everything; the strips, the mouth piece, sprays,... the list goes on. Nothing helps.
So I abandoned my bed and headed to The Boy's room. He had asked me earlier "When dad snores can you come crash with me?"
But when I went to his room he wasn't there. Hmmm, he must have gone to Hannah's room. Cool. I get the whole bed to myself! Stretching out, I tried to get comfy, but then my mind started doing what it LOVES to do; Hmmm, I doubt the girls would let him crash out with them. OH MY GOSH, I bet aliens took him. That's it. I know he's not in my bed. And he's not in his bed. And he wouldn't be in KK's bed. So the only reasonable explanation is alien abduction. I mean, what if we all get up in the morning and I stumble into the kitchen for coffee and I'm all "Hey, where's Jon?" and the girls are all, "We don't know" and I'm all "I thought he crashed out with you guys" and they are all "No way, he's a boy!" and I'm all "Holy crap, he's been abducted by aliens!"
So I got out of bed and followed the giggling to Hannah's room, "Hey, is Jon in here?"
"No way!"
I instantly broke out in a cold sweat.
KK pipped up "I know where he is!"
...
...
...
(come on kid, the suspense is killing me!)
...
...
...
(Hello!?!?!)
...
...
...
"Come on momma, follow me." Then she went to the living room and there was The Boy, crashed out on the couch. So I scooped him up and took him back to his room, and snuggled him, because- let's be honest, he was almost abducted by aliens, and I couldn't get the image of him strapped to a cold metal table with a bright light blinding his eyes, or him zooming through space, lightyears away calling for me. Ugh, horrible, just horrible.
Yea, you try sleeping when you have those imaging flashing through your mind of your kiddo.